Kami no jishin Shogun 2 Total War Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faced my first Alt-f4'er

+2
Life Pilgrim
LaststandofGilead
6 posters

Go down

Faced my first Alt-f4'er Empty Faced my first Alt-f4'er

Post  LaststandofGilead Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Man, its hard to understand how frustrating it is until you've faced one. He had 5 stars, brought a decently balanced and fun army to face. It was very close, I managed to time a very well time cav charge onto his matchlocks and bows, allowing my loanswords to move in and my bows to move up. For a good minute both of our troops were back and forth wavering. My general helped keep my men in place as my archers chased his away from the melee, giving me a very close victory. Right as I get the glorious victory announcement and gg my opponent I get "host has disconnected." So frustrating. I have the replay if anyone wants, it was a pretty cool game until the unfortunate conclusion.

LaststandofGilead

Back to top Go down

Faced my first Alt-f4'er Empty Re: Faced my first Alt-f4'er

Post  Life Pilgrim Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah a lot of people don't understand the word valor and honor in game much less in real life I guess Rolling Eyes

They take themselves too seriously.
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterICX Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:48 am

I take it people ALT-F4 as they are worried about their stats? W/L Ratio Rolling Eyes
if that's the case people really can be so pethatic....it's just a bloody game not a career move.

HunterICX
HunterICX
HunterICX

Back to top Go down

Post  Arclight Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:51 am

Some egos don't cope with reality very well. Very Happy

Arclight

Back to top Go down

Post  Silpher Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:20 am

Your first! Shocked Must be your second game in total tongue

Silpher

Back to top Go down

Post  LaststandofGilead Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:30 am

Silpher wrote:Your first! Shocked Must be your second game in total tongue

lol surprisingly I've had many good opponents besides a few campers

LaststandofGilead

Back to top Go down

Post  ari Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:04 pm

It's not that frustrating when it's a mass charge and then the guy goes alt-f4 upon losing. It's incredibly frustrating when you play a long game taking out a camper protected by a cliff fighting you downhill while you're cross the river to get to him, like on Shinano Rivers. And after you've worked hard for that win he gives you an alt-F4.

1v1 has a big problem with both alt-F4 due to the P2P nature of the connection, and campers, since a single army can easily make use of advantageous terrain without bunching up too much. Games like company of heroes already fixed both problems by having a hidden credibility value for a player determining who wins in cases of disconnection, and by having victory points on the map that players either try to take or forfeit the game.

The map makers on those 'Ridge' maps tried to lessen the advantage of camping by putting high ground in the middle, and make the starting location a low ground to encourage the player to move. But then the other maps like Tranquil Rivers and Shinano Rivers give so much advantage to a camper that between two players of similar skill the moving side should be given 25% more fund to cover the casualty cost of laying the siege!

ari

Back to top Go down

Post  Silpher Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Nowdays I always check which map comes and choose siege units when it suits the map. Against campers mainly and rocket infan mainly aswell not stationary units. But damn, I hate Alt-F4 er's but this evening I lost so many times the connection I guess like 5 times.. Thats frustrating too especially because you cant explain the opponent that you aren't Alt-F4ing. I even met someone 3 times and the third time he just alt-f4rd himself when he saw he was up against me again.... Mad
I'm now scanning my comp for possible viruses and reinstalling steam again. Maybe it helps.

Silpher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum